Yes, you read that right. All the TMS source files will be encrypted.
I’m writing this article, as we’ve received a lot of questions about this. So let me clear out this aspect. It won’t be open-source and even if you will use multiple domains, the license will be available only for one running TMS instance. For example you have several domains extensions, like marketplace.com, marketplace.net, marketplace.org or subdomains of the same domain subdomain.marketplace.com. They will all address to the same TMS instance and will have identical content. If you want to setup another marketplace, you’ll have to purchase another TMS license for each running instance. Though, you can anytime move to another domain name and let us know to change the license for it.
And this seems right and fair. We will consider though making price discounts for two or more licenses. But this is another discussion on which I will get back after TMS launch.
- TMS is very customizable from its back-end and empowers the owner to setup anything needed for a themes marketplace
- because we’ve spent too much time, money and resources to develop this
- this way updates will work seamlessly without any problems and there won’t be alterations of the product which may cause bugs or errors
- we don’t want TMS to be available for free download on warez websites
- we want to have a long-term and complex relation with each of our clients and to help them succeed
- because nobody else than us will be able to implement proper customizations and additions
- and we don’t want others to take our work, modify it and sell it as their own
This fact though, doesn’t influence in any way the script’s performance, features or how robust and complex it is and shouldn’t be a problem at all. Just mentioned it to make this aspect clear.